FH Automation can trace its root back to 1921 when Rasmus Hansen founded the company Horsens Elektromotor-Reparation in Horsens. Already in 1928, a branch was opened in Vejle. Rasmus Hansen’s son, Folmer, later established Bosch Danmark. Rasmus Hansen died in 1956 and Folmer Hansen inherited Elektromotorfirmaet which he merged with Bosch and restructured into one company with two branches: Horsens Elektro and Vejle Elektro.
1972 saw the company granted the distribution of Danfoss and Siemens products. This was the beginning of wholesales and the manufacture of control panels and distribution boards and, in 1974, Siemens PLC controls were introduced. At the time, this was entirely new in Denmark. The business area was in strong growth and, for this reason, in 1984, the engineering section was formed and the name of the business was changed to FH Electric ApS. In 1993, the company was converted to a limited company under the name FH Gruppen A/S.
In 2004, the company was demerged into two different companies: The company FH Gruppen A/S became a components supplier whereas the repairs of electrical motors, the manufacture of control panels and the activities in FH Engineering were gathered into an independent company under the name FH Automation A/S. As part of a generational succession, Ove Madsen, Group CEO, chose to sell the latter to two employees - Leif Rasmussen, Manager, and Lars Farsø, Head of Department.
In 2010, the company expanded when Arne Boldt El-Automatic ApS in Slagelse became part of the group. The company changed its name to FH Automation A/S, Øst. The company is based in Ringsted and is primarily involved in the construction of plants within the utilities industry.